Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Distance Relatives. In Touch With Ablaze. From 020 to 013

I got a chance to interact with my brother in hip hop, Netherlands native Ablaze (real name Dwayne Xavier). This is another. Yup we go from 013 to 020. Creating distance relatives for the love of hip hop; Check out this short interview.

Wise: Ma man. Tell us a little bit about you as an emcee, where you from and the history of your stage name.
Ablaze: Well, I was born on the beautiful Island of Aruba. By the age of 3 the family moved to the Netherlands. At the age of 14 I started rapping along with songs and like that it caught on I started listening to an old Bone Thugs N Harmony cassette that a friend gave me. And that inspired me to start writing my own material. The name Ablaze I've got from friends because they claimed I spit blazing hot fire Everybody started calling me Ablaze so I decided I will use that as my stage name

Wise: You were down with bone thugs. Man I still remember first of the month like it was an hour ago. So how big is hip hop in the Netherlands? I mean I only heard couple of guys from up there and I just heard sure talent.
Ablaze: Hip hop in Holland changed together with hip hop in the US. Rappers started taking a different path in the art of rapping, different beats and a different flow. It all turned into trap/south kind of music. There is hip hop present but with barley enough power to be relevant.
Wise:  So only few are keeping it real? Do you think this evolution is doing any justice to Hip hop?
In The Booth
Ablaze: No it is not. In my opinion it is destroying the culture, piece by piece. Our peers have worked so hard to make hip hop a respected music genre, just to be pushed down by these so called rappers nowadays. A big part of the problem is also how other people see hip hop. You will hear a track from Young Thug and people will say that's hip hop and like that they categorise it in that genre, people nowadays have more respect for young Thug than for Nas
Wise: Ha ha ha ha I hear you my guy. Sad hey! What is the best memorable highlight of your journey as an emcee?
Ablaze: That was performing on Aruba in one of the biggest clubs on the Island
Wise: Sounds like a major highlight. Do you ever dream of hitting up as far a South Africa one day? If never, man I'm injecting that dream in you
Ablaze: I would want to go everywhere in the world to perform, fans are everything. Every country has something special.
Wise: Ma man, looking forward to having you down here one day. Now the joint that made me start following your work. Lovin, what inspired that joint man?
With Shaggy
Ablaze: I’m looking forward to it as well. Lovin was inspired by the beauty of women. I was really feeling the beat, the instrumental almost/literally screamed lovin. I had to write something for the ladies, as I started writing the words just fell perfectly into place as sentences were formed
Wise: And I gotta say you killed it. Where can you be followed for the updates and your music?
Ablaze: Thank you man. I can be followed on my Soundcloud Ablaze297 and Instagram Ablaze297; People can also add me on Facebook Page is Ablaze297 Dwayne Xavier 
Wise: Ma man, anything else we should know about Ablaze?
Ablaze: I am currently working on 2 EP's that will be ready soon and will be released on ITunes

With clips coming out pretty soon
Wise: Ma man you'll give me a scoop when it is ready. Man we can go on and on but let's save some for the future since you gonna be a regular on this blog. Next time we should discuss establishing a working relationship between Kats from that side and this side of an ocean. You know! Distance relative. Anyway we appreciate and celebrate your life ma man. One love
Ablaze: I most certainly will let you know when they are ready. Thank you for your time and interest. One love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...