Friday, May 22, 2015

In Touch With SkillZ


The 013 Hip Hop got in touch with Rapaddict SkillZ, the man popularly known for his song Taking Shots (diss song to Cru Mayor). I arranged an interview with him and this is how it went.

  

Jo Wise: Halla SkillZ you good?

 

SkillZ: Yeah I'm fresh homie, thanks for the opportunity, I'm blessed.

 

JW: I should be thanking you for giving me your time homie. You got into my legendary books after (taking shots) we'll get to that later. Now who is Skillz and where is he from?

 

Breathing Music
SK: SkillZ real name Lottie Sekhukhune is a rapper just trying to build and expand the name. Born and raised in Lecowza, shout out to the kasi, spend my primary years in a school called Lord Milner where my homie Tebza gave me the name SkillZ.

 

JW: Lebowakgomo hey? And how did you end in BGF. And what pushed Tebza to come up with the name Skillz?

 

SK: It was boarding school, so Tebza, this one girl, Khosi and I shared the love of Hip Hop. Passed time by rap music and sharing lines. I remember at the end of one of my verse, homie Tebza said boy u got 'Skillz', so I let the name be. After primary I moved to BGF to go to high school in St Thomas.

 

JW: Interesting and how old were you when you got stung by a Hip Hop bug?

 

SK: I got stung when I was 12 years old

 

JW: What inspires you as an artist and who did you grow up listening to?

 

SK: I try to learn as much as I can from everyone I converse with, so that comes as
On the Mic
inspiration. I grew up listening to Slim Shady, Kanye West with albums like College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, Jay-Z BLACK ALBUM, Ab Soul LONGTERM series, SlaughterHouse, Nas Illmatic, Wiz... The list won't stop

 

JW: Interesting list. I believe your fans right now would love to hear more about Taking Shots (diss song to Cru mayor). What provoked the beef?

 

SK: This Is HIP HOP, fans are entitled to their own opinion, but when rapper to another when you say some shit, you need to back it up! Marvel hit me up for a feature I couldn't decline on Party Pooper, some people made their comments but cru's caught my attention talking about ' he come in whack every time' so as one rapper to another I took as a declaration of warfare, so I loaded my ammo.

 

JW: Ha ha ha and you did take shots and it took BGF Hip Hop cycle with a storm. Do you think Cru is a coward for always playing hide and seek when he has to stand up for beef?

SK: It aint a diss but it’s a fact that nigga coward, but I don't want to run my mouth maybe he planning some Al Qaeda shit, to drop bombs soon.

 

For the love of music
JW: Let's hope he does that for the sake of Hip hop. So you still think he should come face to face with you, one stage one Mic?

 

SK: For sure, HIP HOP CARES event, if the people are down for it...?

 

JW: That's the spirit man. Now without fear or favour which BGF Mc do you think is on point /illest and who do you consider whack?

 

SK: I favour every rapper, individuals bring different sets of qualities to the game and fill the void, the illlest will have to be Taydos the RocKing Emcee without second guessing, shout to A-League look out for the EP, and nigga is just that good.

 

JW: Ok fair enough. I guess we not gonna hear Skillz labelling any rapper whack anytime soon. But I'm sure he'll murder any rapper coming for him?

 

SK: No doubt homie, I'll murder anyone in my way

 

JW: What is Skillz busy with currently, any new singles?

 

SK: I got a new single coming out next week called 'Nuthin' But Net', real bumpy ish, and one for potheads who enjoy trippy music, its titled 'S.D.A' Sex, Drugs and Alcohol featuring Abstract Narcortic, but does not have a date, coming soon though. Yeah look out for those

 

JW: We'll be on the lookout. Man we can go on and on. Is there anything your fans need to know about Skillz?

 

SK: Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.....Love

 

JW: Thanks for your time man. Keep bursting those rhymes.

 

SK: That's wassup! Thanks a lot for having me man, BGF HIP HOP GROW! Shout 013 Hip Hop
 
 
 
 
 
Download
 
SkillZ feat Taydos The RocKing Emcee and Jay Soul Lost Identity - http://kasimp3.co.za/151556

SkillZ Taking Shots (Cru Mayor Diss) http://www.datafilehost.com/d/004bc27a
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...