Tuesday, August 11, 2015

In Touch With Dramatikmelo

This is one of the longest interview I ever had, it lasted more than three days. that's how busy ma ninja Melo is. I respect this B's hustles and talking to him made me think many cats from BGF can take few hustling tips from him. This is how the interview went......  
Wise: Melo ma man
Dramatikmelo: Ola boss
Wise: How you doing ma guy?
Dramatikmelo: Good n you guy
Wise: I'm dope. Man I think it's about time the 013 peeps get to know Melo now! So How about an interview?
Dramatikmelo: Eish yes but you’ll have to bare with me as I'm driving around town doing pick up n drop off
Wise: Ok Halla at me when you in a space to chat
Dramatikmelo: Lol today is gonna be hectic let's just take it a q at a time my guy
Wise: Lol Ok. Just take up through DramatikMelo. Who he is and what he's about?
Dramatikmelo: Dramatikmelo is an aka name as you know in the music industry is a world of aka names and all that. Full name is Kgotso Mohlala brewed in BGF "cbd" went to Ikhwezi primary and then Wem high school.
Dramatikmelo: Oh and remember them days you would rock each and every Sisqo song and dance (laughing)
Wise: Ha ha ha ha So Sisqo influenced you into music?
Dramatikmelo: Not really but in our early teen stages Him "sisqo" Druhill/D12/Usher/Jarule/Kabelo/Tkzee/Jigga Man " Mr Hova" was what was booming on Simunye grooves
Wise: Ha ha ha ha dang man you going way back. Now you are known as one of the best producers in BGF, when did the beat making bug sting you?
Dramatikmelo: Well it all began with being curious with how do these guys make is and if they can why can't one also do it. But always had love for music as a whole, started with djying in 2005 when I got to Polokwane then met guys who also where on a beginner’s level with beat making showed me couple of tricks/steps and hooked me up with a pc so I could get my groove on. Ever since then guy I've been grinding and learning at the same time “you know music changes overnight”
Wise: True that. Who is your favourite producer?
Dramatikmelo: Producer or producers
Wise: Ha ha ha one ma man

Dramatikmelo: Haaah no bra
Wise: Ok producers then.
Dramatikmelo: Timba, Swizz, Scotch stoch, Dre, just blaze
Wise: Ha ha ha BGF cats can't choose one. You worked with Monster Saint lately Bars On Flows. Well Saint killed them bars and flows for sure. And how did you come up with such a killer beat?
Dramatikmelo: Oh that I produced the track but the beat he came with it “taken from SA hip hop and beats" the one Dizz won few months back.
Wise: Oh Ok. Now of all artists that you worked with; who is the most creative one you ever worked with?
Dramatikmelo: They all are creative just that you get those who have no idea on how to execute the art/skill, that's where as a producer I step in and do magic (laughs with tongue out)
Wise: Ma man. And what are you currently working on?
Dramatikmelo: We busy with Czar's FirtCutTape and amongst other things got FT_MaF new group I'm also producing their tape lastly the BGF Ke Stele brand, the rest is just business as always even now as we talking I'm on the wheel chasing Gwap " I'm not promoting texting& driving"
Wise: Tell us about BGF ke stele
Dramatikmelo: Bgf Ke Stele right? Well it's a Melo and partner "kagiso Choppa" brand was always a dream be rocking my own brand, as I'm not so into brands and all but I do own a few of your up market brand. It's a 3yr project but we eventually got the brake through a month ago, anyone can rock BGF Ke Stele as it's a Burgersfort brand not a crew name or all that
Wise: Now talking business. Do you think BGF producers and rappers have enough potential to be supper executives one day running major businesses?
Dramatikmelo: Eish hard to say bro reasons being we hardly sit and share ideas on other things but a few that I've had chats with I would say they do have, but you know the golden rule if you don't believe or pick yourself up you will never get where you need to be
Wise: True that. So what advice can you people who are planning to be producers and entrepreneurs?
Dramatikmelo: It all starts with you “what you want/need" how you would like it to be done/look. Then you can go for it knowing what kinda sounds you want to define you as a producer/beat maker or kinda business that you would make it look easy even if it's not next to easy
Wise: Ma man. Anything else we need to know about Melo?
Dramatikmelo: For now ya'all just got to be clued to social media, it's a busy year for me!
Wise: Man Thank you very much for you time. We appreciate and celebrate your life.

Dramatikmelo: We good………….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...