Thursday, May 19, 2016

In Touch With CancunSoul

Wise: CancunSoul ma man

CancunSoul: Awe awe aweshka

Wise: What's up?

CancunSoul: Mnate fela mnate fela

Wise: Shall we kick it?

CancunSoul: Yep

Wise: Ayt cool my guy. Tell us about CancunSoul, who he is and what he's about?

CancunSoul: Cancun soul is young hip hop dj originally from the Vooslorus but now in Steelpoort, he is all about mixing hip hop and making the speakers vibrate

Wise: So you a BGF kid now?

CancunSoul: Yeah. Straight outta BGF

Wise: Ma man. Who introduced you to the music scenes?

CancunSoul: Dj Shimza and the one and only Black coffe

Wise: Hold up! They groomed you or you mean they influenced you to become a dj?

CancunSoul: I grew up with my uncle and he always played music so I started loving music but when I saw videos of Black coffe and Shimza mixing live, I was influenced...the calling was too loud to be ignored and so I started practicing how to mix and cava me now I'm so next level"

Wise: So you started as a house dj?

CancunSoul: Yes I started as a house dj and became an ultimix freak where I got to mix house and hip hop at the same time but my other friend by the name Louis Sekgobela told me I should start mixing hip hop and when I gave it a try everything was smooth so I decided to be a hip hop dj

Wise: Ma man. Who are your favourite hip hop cats?


CancunSoul: Cassper nyovest and Ricky Rick , these two are the best, they inspire me a lot to top it all of I admire these guys, I also like nasty c , Tshego , okmalumlookat , stilo magolide , one phigo , sanele and emtee

Wise: That's quite a list proving that you a dj. But I do not see and artist from your hometown on your list, mind explaining the exclusion?

CancunSoul: I prefer quality music to put in my mixes bruh, but besides i have a very little fan base at BGF and a lot of fans from jhb ,Malawi , Zim, Namibia and Ghana and they always requesting the well-known cats but I'm proud to announce that I got #Swenk on my next mix #UTM42 (Until the morning 42)

Wise: I hear you my guy though I still believe we have good quality and it is you deejay's that need to plays your homies out there. Coffee did and Shimza is still doing. They take the unknown and make them brands

CancunSoul: If homies don't listen to my mixes then it’s kinda difficult for me too to play their sounds out there

Wise: Ok my guy. So you have a fan base out there? Tell us about it

CancunSoul: Ever since I started releasing mixes every week and promoting them 3 times a day, 'm proud to announce that my fan base is growing every day and it’s so amazing especially when I'm getting texts from fans in foreign countries

Wise: Great stuff. Where do you see yourself in 5 years as a disc jockey?

CancunSoul: Getting gigs; endorsement deals all over the world...lemme just say that

Wise: How many of your mixes are out there and what are you currently working on?

CancunSoul: I've got over 50 mixes and 8 live video mixes out...I'm still pushing the mixes but I want to pause and pursue bigger things like registering my record label and signing a few unknown acts from my hood long till.

Wise: Ma man. Give us at least 3 links.
CancunSoul: These are most liked mixtapes




Wise: Ma man. Anything else we should know?

CancunSoul: yeah...people should look out for my weekly podcast show its called #UntillTheMorning mixed by the honourable Cancun soul


Wise: Man we celebrate and appreciate your life. Thank you for your time and keep doing what you do best

CancunSoul: Thank you very much I appreciate it


Wise: Ma man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...