Monday, May 2, 2016

In Touch with Dizz (Former HHC Chairman)


Got in touch with a man who always played hide and see with me. He's the founder and former chairman of hip hop cares foundation, He is one of the few I know that has nothing but a dream to see BGF hip hop movement penetrating the main stream, selfless when coming to giving to the community. His name is Mandisi Kekana AKA Dizz

Wise: Sup Dizz?

Dizz: Nothing much ..what's up?

Wise: I'm dope. You gonna be my victim or you go let me slide pass you again?

Dizz: Let's go ... Can't avoid u forever

Wise: Hahaha ma man finally. And I know you don't need no introduction so we gonna jump on it. You still very much part of hip hop cares foundation but now as a former chairman that stepped down, how are things a HHC so far since the new leadership got behind the helm?

Dizz: I have to admit that I see more confidence, more will to work for the community, more communication and more commitment from our members. While the new leadership is finding their feet I can say with confidence that they will take us to higher heights

Wise: Ma man and how is it like to be away from the hot chair?

Dizz: The lights were too bright. I can see things a bit more clear now. I also find my self working extra hard prove myself and worth to my new chairman. Now that I am an additional member I have to follow protocol on everything as well ...its crazy but humbling.  I now understand our cause again as Hip Hop Cares. Why 3 years ago I even started this foundation.


Wise: Lol I know the feeling. How is it like to have new edition on board?

Dizz: New people, new ideas, new clientele. These people have fresh perspective. That's what growth is about

Wise: Tell us about the honour and acknowledgment of Kingdom Management.

Dizz: Funny enough I don't know much about it. The award was given to us at Miss Mafate for uniting the community through music, nurturing talent and giving back. I am humbled by this award coz it shows people see and appreciate the team does. Personally I am not a fan of being awarded or congratulated for HHC. I feel it is all our duty to give back to the community and help each other. I don't want to be praised for human nature.

Wise: True that but unfortunately when someone is being human and do what is good by nature, someone is watching and will definitely salute. Now as much as we have big structures acknowledging and see the beauty of the organization, we also have those who grew a habit of sitting on the organization's name whenever they feel like relieving themselves, can you address that issue?

Dizz: I do not understand it. If anyone has figured it out let us know. What is it that we have not provided?
(1) The chairperson announced that there is an open door policy. Inbox him if you have a problem. There people everyone is familiar with like Percy that one can talk to or simply inbox our page.
 (2) Why would someone say they love HHC then talk ill of it? If we family like we say we are, why can't we talk to each other?

I mean there is a procedure that one can follow every time they not happy. Genesis and Actual League do so all the time. Their stuff is always sorted and people think they are favoured.

(3) You want Burgersfort to take you seriously as an artist but lack professionalism. I have never seen Chyma complain about gig organizers before consultation.


I can tell that some of these rappers know they are not good enough to make careers out of their music simply by the way they behave. If girls from Re Basadi can encourage each other and build with Tebatso , why can't full grown men do the same ?

Wise: Don't hurt em. On a point of professionalism how can we help our artists to never let their personal vendettas be mixed up with their professional level and professional structures?

Dizz: We need to have more conversations. We need more maturity. We as HHC can only do so much. Other stakeholders need to be involved. I say we must work with and support rappers who are ready to (1) listen (2) improve (3) take action.  We cannot allow a few individuals to ruin the party for the rest mos?

I can tell you that I had personal issues with Turm and Prism before but when its crunch time we came together and held it down for Burgersfort.
WE DOING THIS FOR THEM

Wise: Ma man I so hope we can reach that level where artists are willing to listen, improve and act. What is new out of HHC that fans need to know about?

Dizz: HHC has opened its doors for events for the people by the people. Your activity on our Facebook page and twitter determines the direction of the organization. Play your part now.
We also have a huge surprise waiting for our loyal community builders

Wise: The event is going back to Ubber right?

Dizz: By popular demand sir

Wise: 02 July it is. Man as much as we love and celebrate Hip Hop Cares Foundation, so we appreciate and celebrate your life. As I humbly thank you for your time

Dizz: Thanks for giving us exposure.

Wise: It's our job ain't it?

Dizz: Its build season. It’s sowing time. The seeds we sowing now will rule BGF in 2years


Wise: Ma man

Twitter @DIZZ KEKANA 

Facebook page Dizz Kekana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...