Thursday, June 4, 2015

In touch with Cru Mayo. (uncut)


In the early hours of the morning at around I happened to find Cru Mayor on line and we had a little chat. I have been planning for days to have him on the 013 Hip Hop. So this is how our chat went. Uncut

Jowise: Cru

Cru Mayor: Awe my king

JW: How you doing my guy?

Cru: I’m good thanks and how are you doing?

JW: I’m dope man, so you gonna give me an interview?

Cru: Yes my king; in fact we can do it right now.

JW: You sure, aren’t it late for you?

Cru: Sure thing, nooo it ain’t late I’m sleepless anyway

JW: Ma man, let’s get on it

JW: Ma man, let's get on it. I'm sure lotta fans out there would like to know who Cru mayor is. Take us a little bit to the uncovered Cru?

Cru: Cru Mayor is a young talented rapper, poet and songwriter. Real name Mafolo Eddy, born on the 5th of July 1993 and raised in a small village called Motlolo(Ga Kgoshi Mafolo)

JW: So you have that royal blood running in your veins?

Cru: Hahaha I'm not sure about that, but somehow it might be true.

JW: Fair enough. When did you start rapping and who is your biggest influence?

Cru: I only started rapping in 2010. My biggest influence, hmmmm that's a tight one cause currently I listen to lotta rappers internationally and locally, but I love local the most so I'd say my biggest influence currently is KWESTA

But I fell in love back in the era of TEARGAS when they blew up with their hit song 'CHANCE' back then they were my biggest influence

JW: But I'm sure you did not grow up listening to

Kwesta. Who is that artist you grew up listening to?

Cru: I grew up listening to Kanye West, Eminem & 50

Cent just to mention a few

JW: Now that's more like it. And who is your favourite

BGF Mc/'s?

Cru: Mmm Kaye Gee,Kaytzo, CaptainRay,Lil'

Chief, Nose, Monster Saint, King Obbs, Turm yow the list is endless

JW: Ha ha ha ha don't mention them all. You are known as someone who is not afraid to tell if you ain't feeling any Mc, that's so controversial I must say but real Hip hop. What pushes Cru to speak his mind like that?

Cru: Hahaha oh well, the thing is; I can't pretend to be somebody that I'm not, this is who I am! I prefer to hurt with the truth than to comfort with lies, but it's so sad how my honesty is confused with hate or 'beef' rather!

JW:Ha ha ha ha ha Hip hop is beef, don't you think?

Cru: Apparently it is beef, buh don't you think it’s supposed to be a movement touching souls, uniting brothers and sisters and changing lives?

JW: It always finds its way of touching souls and uniting brothers and sisters. This is the reason why real cats and real fans appreciate when a feud or misunderstanding goes into the table called Mic and settle everything. It is bad when people who don't understand Hip hop take it personal and perform their criminal activities upon it.

Cru: I gatchu but lately it seems like rappers who aren't entertaining beef are taken less of rappers than the ones who does, it doesn't matter anyway. . .

JW: I guess so. Lately you had a misunderstanding with SkillZ and he came back blazing at ya. Your friends and fans are still waiting for you to drop a serious nuclear on him. I gotta confess that I personally am looking forward to it. Today I have a chance with you man and I'm asking on behalf of Hip hop. Is Cru on the lab cooking something?

Cru: At the moment my studies are my first priority!! Lemme make this clear: I don't wanna be known as that artist with diss songs and none hits to touch souls ,beautiful music one could relate to and dance to, but I will be in the studio working on new songs for my supporters very soon!

JW: Now that's what's up. Talking studies is Cru planning to go into music business or he's planning something else?

Cru: I love music so much but I have better plans and goals to reach, not music associated!

JW: So the game might lose you?

Cru: Nooor not really. Even if I reach my goals and all that, I will still contribute my skills, experience, knowledge and my business brains to the game partially by building my own record label to help upcoming artists like myself, I feel that's what artists mostly lack in BGF

JW: I like the sound of that. Now tell me is there someone that you would like to collaborate with in the future but you haven't mention a thing to him or her?

Cru: Oh yeah! I'd really love to collaborate with Kaye

Gee,M.A.T and Rapid Labron. Buh there are others

I'd also like to collaborate with, the likes of King

Obbs, Toy,Keallur & Monster Saint just to name a few, they already know that. . .

JW: And what do you think of BGF Hip hop? What needs to be done for the movement to grow stronger?

Cru: Currently, BGF Hip Hop is on a positive slope musically, and I love the path its takin!! But we lack support from our communities’ man that breaks my heart! I feel like we are totally rejected by business people in our land, I mean like charity begins at home isn't that right??? Now imagine how great it would be, what changes and opportunities it'll bring to our fellow artists if our business people colludes with our local State and create an art platform that was gonna benefit our fellow artists and our communities as a whole!

BGF Hip Hop needs more business minded people to see opportunities in our struggles and actually put in a hand to help our artists to grow further and hopefully put BGF Hip Hop on the map . . . To be honest witchu, most hip hop artists in BGF depends on Hip Hop Cares in terms of exposure and performances, besides Hip Hop Cares we ain’t never heard of em performing anywhere and that kills a lotta artists' confidence! As artists, we need to unite and come up with ideas to keep the culture going rather than depending on Hip Hop

Cares only, hoping and praying that one day our municipality will hear our requests and do something about it, but we shouldn't give up on convincing em though! If one or two comes up with an idea of a gig or talent show and we all stand up, go there and show our support, the community will follow and the municipality will be ashamed not to get involved!

JW: I understand your frustration man. Let's hope one day the sun shall fully arise and shine bright.

Anything else your fan has to know about Cru?

Cru: I've been getting questions about when will Cru work on a new project, well I won't be working on a new project this year or anytime soon, I’m sorry about that.

I am planning to drop a few singles, they should expect a new song in JULY (my birth month) and also a couple of songs I'll be featured in during this winter! Come see me doing my thing this winter @Hip

Hop Cares BRAKE THE COLD event on the 11th July

Cru @ Hip Hop cares 2014 awards
@UberLifestyle Longtil. Check out my blog (kaybcru.wordpress.com) for poems to touch their souls.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: Cru Mayor

Join my google community: Cru Mayor

Like my Facebook page: Cru Mayor & follow me on twitter @ItsCru_93 for more music updates lol that's a whole lotta Cru Mayors ryt there

Hahaha and for those who aren't really active on

Facebook and twitter they can hit me up on WhatsApp: 0610664113 I ain’t gad no problem

JW: Yoh Cru thanks for your time man. We looking forward to Hip hop cares IV. And wish you all the best on the journey of your life.

Cru: Thanks my king, thanks for having me. . I hope
BGF is ready as well, keep up the good work and
God bless yah!

Downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...