Saturday, June 13, 2015

In touch with Pearly Hooks (The A League first lady)


Once again another brave female Rapper approached me on some; you gotta cover me on your blog. I saw Devoted Kay saying “she ain’t got any competition and she’s alone in the game, well let’s say she asked for it cause I BEEN HERE”
That caught my attention and I thought this is Hip hop. Now the unfortunate part is after my interview with Pearl I spoke to ma nigga Dizz to set a platform @ HHC for them girls to show who is the real first lady and he said the platform is there. The sad news to hip hop is that The Devoted Kay turned down the battle. Anyway this is how my interview with Hooks kicked…….

Wise: Shall we kick it?
Pearly Hooks: Sure
Wise: Okay let's get to know the ACTUALL LEAGUE first lady. Who is she and what she's made off?
P Hooks: Well the names PearlyHooks... I come from a small town in the west-rand that's where I found my talent as a performer. I’m made up of hip hop and rnb
Wise: And 013 is Where you @. And we love you here. Why Hip hop, I mean lotta girls settles for R&B?

P Hooks: Word. I Love Hip Hop, and I'm a person who writes a lot. So to put my emotions to a beat for me that completes my story. I'm not alotta girls in so many ways..I listen to r&b aswel but hip hop is what I do
Wise: Tight! And how did you end up with the actuall league boys?
P Hooks: Lol funny story actually. But I will skip the funny part. I moved to bgf last year. I thot there isn't anything like HipHop sessions here BUT SlyYohieness gave me Noses contacts and we started talking and I came thru to their studio in bothashoek. The guys are great, beasts on beats. Hella Dope. I was nervous at first but they made me feel at home
Wise: Funny story? What have I done not to deserve the funny part? Come on

P Hooks: Lol you haven't done anything yet..
Wise: So we just gonna pass just like that?
P Hooks: Yeah.. Can we? Damn its nothing related to music just gossip lol
Wise: Ok I guess I'll just Let it slip but don't count it as a win. Now who are your favourite Hip hop heads from the international level to BGF?
P Hooks: Lol ahh come on. International are Tech n9ne, T-pain, Ludacris, Eminem, De La Soul, Nas & Damien Marley. There are a lot but that's just to name a few.. BGF I don't know alotta hip hop heads still learning about them but from the A. League boys AbN, Taydos the rocking mcee, and Nose
Wise: Tech n9ne? I wasn't expecting that hmmm. Moving right along! Last time I had a chat with your fellow female rapper. She said she feels like she has no competition in the game around, and man that made me ask myself, Where them girls at? Well here you are and you gotta say something
P Hooks: Who do I catch now!? Hahaha.. Clearly she doesn't know about me either wise I don't think she would be saying that, who is she anyway. And I acknowledge them girls in the game around here but I'm the one who’s got no competition. I’m the illest lyricists female errr'where I go

Wise: Whaaat? Whoa you the one without competition? Damn where is the Mic when I need one? So you believe you can smack any chick around?
P Hooks: I believe in myself yes. Look hate to blow my own horn but I got skills. I've never had a beef before but the barbeque is always read to fire up
Wise: Oookay. So if there can be one stage, one Mic one The devoted Kay in from of you! You can chow her up?
P Hooks: Is that a trick question? Can you set it up?
Wise: I got my connections and if I don't have I'm the man enough to make connections quick. Don't tempt Hip hop Hey. Do you know how many readers does The 013 Hip hop have? Ma people in India can also organise a stage up there

P Hooks: Lmfao. No I don't in fact, that many? Hey Hip Hop is tempting me! Damn imagine that I wouldn't mind chowing" her for fans all over
Wise: Ha ha ha ha ha that is so Hip hop. Damn woman you, can my parents adopt you?
P Hooks: They can if they can get thru my mother first hahah.. I'm kidding man I'm tryna leave the house my parents won't let me. Another set of parents’ yong I’ll leave when I'm 40 mos!
Wise: Ha ha ha ha you've got cojones girl. Kay told me she was born ready if any chick stands on her way to the top. I ma get my contacts and we gonna witness Hip hop. Anyway what are you busy with at the moment? Any single coming out soon?
P Hooks: She sounds cute. I'm always cooking something. At the moment I'm working on a track with Nose "Dream Seller" just have to remind him now and then cause his obviously very busy aswel. A single, mmmh I'll see. I'm also tryna put together my first mixtape titled "unorthodox" inspired by my so ever changing emotions and moods towards life
Wise: You Mic your emotions and moods. Sounds like Unorthodox will be the killer one. We can't wait to review it. So are you heading to HHC next month?
P Hooks: I was invited. I'm gonna make it a point to show up.. I need to be involved you know what I mean? I can't wait infact
Wise: I'm sure HHC can't wait for you. Is there anything you would like Hip hop to know about Pearly Hooks?
P Hooks: That's awesome and overwhelming. Well I'm down to earth I'm kind and special. I love people and I love people to love me. What happens in hip hop stays in hip hop. That's all. The rest y'all will decide. You have the right to an opinion after all
Wise: Done. Thanks for your time Hey. 013 Hip hop celebrate and appreciate you and all the female Mic rockers out there. Keep bursting those rhymes.


013 Hip Hop Thank You I had such a great time. It’s about time we emerged. Literally. We outchea... Halla back!!! YEAHJA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...