Sunday, June 7, 2015

In Touch With Turm. The real Bastard

It’s The 013 baby and yes we keep doing what we gotta do. Keeping in touch with the unknown and bringing them into the platform where hip hop lovers in the globe can reach. Yes we bring hip hop in your face. This time around I got in touch with the real Bastard, yeah Turm-The’Bastard (real name Sphiwe Ntwampe) this is on interview I long waited for; so I did put Turm on the corner and we just started the interview that wasn’t supposed to happen until July. So July we still coming but in a mean time this is the time we had for hip hop sake.

Wise: Turm
Turm-The’Bastard: My King
Wise: ’Sup
Turm: Ah nex(nothing much) just stuck in my room deciding if I wanna cook or let this hunger kill me.
Wise: Ha ha ha ha let’s leave the last part for now until you give me what I want; man I’ve been avoiding you! But today you gotta be on the 013, how’s that?
Turm: Well I knew you had your own reasons going to different cats so I was waiting for my turn. Besides I have nothing huge to announce at the moment, but I’ll be having something juicy for you for you by July. Anyway, I also make up the 013 hip hop so why not?
Wise: We’ll have some by July also. Right now let’s kick it in getting to know who Turm is and things like that.
Turm: Well although I worked with people like Kaslo,
Jeff, Touch and my king Sputla of course, I prefer to define myself as a self-built musician. I see myself as someone who goes beyond rapping cos even if I lose my voice and go mute, I'd still be impactful and create hits still. From rapping to being a music engineer, I am my own man who manages to transform his own shit to manure and use them as fertilizers. So who is Turm, well Turm is the future. Open the book of Genesis and find out haha
With Dj Sputla The King
Turm: I'm afraid I can't tell bro. It’s all uder wraps, we not willing to share our plans yet. "Be on the lookout" is as far as I can go about it
Wise: The joint Bothashoek manners man. What did you guys smoke to come up with that? Take us through it. The built up and final product
Turm: Now that set the bar high, a joint from God no pun intended. It was me and Nose on our way to the A.League studio then we saw Sputla outside his crib, so we decided to just check him out. The King played us a few of his beats until me and nose heard the Bothashoek Manners beat and went nuts over it, that how it all started. We discussed the concept and thought it’s high time we dedicate a song to our hood, and I was like if it’s a Bothashoek song I suggest we add Prism too. Sputla approved, I called the nigger through and that's how it came about. Sputla and Nose worked on the mastering while we were hyping it on social networks. Then
Bang! We have an HHC Song of the Year!!!!!!
Mic Check
Wise: I must say. The joint still drives me against walls.
Out of all the cats you ever worked with. Who do you consider the most creative?
Turm: Hmmm this is a tough one. I never wanna credit my crew cos it’s going to be like "Yeah we thought so", so let me not even think of any cat from Genesis......let me see, I'm gonna have say
Nose! What I like about Nose is that he's not just about laying a verse and be out. He does music, he's unpredictable and sick! Nose is one fat challenge! A beast on the mic, on beats and mastering.....this is why I consider him the best in BGF.
Wise: Nose huh? Don't give him too much credit; he'll grow a big head. Ma man you a typo dude who says I'll turn down a collabo due to whack beat, are you being for real? And who is one cat you don't dream collaborating with?
Turm: Yeah dawg, I'm for real. Not that I expect niggers to halla with international standard beats, but I don't expect a pap beat either. I not charging for a feature don’t make me desperate, I only have the heart and enough love to work with local cats willingly. But I have my own levels and I can't afford to degrade; rather have no collab at all.
And I don't think I'm big enough to have people who wouldn't wanna collab with. Despite my efficiency on the mic, I'm also just like every rapper from BGF striving for recognition. Matter of fact, I wanna work with everyone. I only hve rappers who I'm certain that they're below my level, but I don't let that determine the number of cats I'd wanna collab with. I'm good to work with everyone cos I'm nothing without my BGF niggers

Wise: Man I like the way you present yourself, that's so artistic. What do you think of cats who don't stand up for diss songs? I mean the other day I was listening to Big Swazi’s disaster rhymes and I heard many cats dodged him because of the sound quality.
Turm: Thank You! Well with that neh, there's being coward and there's being professional. But the low quality excuses is a kak(Bull shit) excuse. It’s called a "Diss Song", not a "Quality Song". Niggers chose to be rappers and should satisfy the rap game to the fullest or go suck a fresh baby cactus. I don't know how wrong or right ditching a diss song is, but for me, if u get dissed and never defend yourself, you're a coward. I instantly lose all the respect I had for you
Business Man Damn
Wise: My point exactly. My journey with Hip hop, I have heard lotta low quality diss joints. Some recorded with cellphones but niggas stood up and do the street talking. Now I know you Kendrick Lamar's big fan. Who else internationally and locally is in your good books?
Turm: Lol Kendrick till the end of time....I still listen to Zola and Prokid even today. These guys built me and still do. Then I also respect rappers like Zubs, Tumi, Proverb, KO, Reason and Ginger Breadman.
Internationally it’s K.dot of course, Hopsin, Rapsody,
Black Hippy,Cole, the Roots, Immortal Tech and Logic. The list is endless but these are the ones I can hardly go a day without listening to.
Wise: Interesting list. Zola man, he challenged not only kwaito heads but also rappers. Now my guy, drop the names of heads you cannot tolerate!
Turm: Locally! If locally then how local? (He asked with annoyed face)
Wise: Take them all. Internationally, locally and bleeding to BGF
Turm: 2Chainz, Lil Wayne, Young Thug and Young Thug again, L-tido and the entire Glitz Gang. Now in BGF, I'm not gonna put it as "rappers I can't tolerate", we all growing. There's this kid called
Young Chris from the BTC Crew, he's got potential and can go beyond what he delivers. I believe he's actually doper than he's serving. Then Termbar, that one has got to decide if he's a rapper or a Facebook Customer Server. Then Cru Mayor, this nigger got to stop dropping one track and boast the whole year on how he's better than others, then lay low and be coward when he gets diss tracks. Then remind us he's an award winner.
Besides, Rookie of the year rhymes with Pussy of the gear. This nigger got to start doing music and stop running his mouth.....I'm probably a bit irrelevant from your Q but I won't cancel this
@ Work doing What I Love
Wise: You telling it man and my job is to dish to Hip hop fans and I'm glad we have cats like you who calls spade a spade. I saw somewhere that Cru blocked you on Facebook. What led to that blocking?
Turm: Lol I don't know man, I really don’t know. I post a lot of crazy stuff about everyone and I'm the typa dude (S/O to Fess) who speaks his mind, so I believe he saw one of my posts about him and blocked me. But I'm very sure that this has something to do with that whole Skillz quarrel cos it’s me and Nose who made it bigger than it should have been. So I was never his favourite person since then, at least I didn’t pretend.......
Wise: Man we can go on and on. Let's save some for July.
How can your fans keep in touch with you?
Turm: Facebook: Sphiwe Turm Ntwampe
Twitter: @Sphiwe_Turm
That's just it.........that's where they can get to know what a nigger be up to. Thanks for having me, it was a pleasure talking Hip Hop with The
013. Shout Outs to STN Rec, Prism and Monster Saint.

Wise: Ta for keeping it real man and the mag you suggested can boost BGF Hip hop, be on the lookout, it might happen. Keep blasting those rhymes and cruise on them hard beats man.

Turm: Thank You My Man. I will do just that, and we are nothing without people like you, otherwise the rhymes we blast would only end up in our bedrooms. #Salutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...