Tuesday, June 23, 2015

In touch with Prism


One of the longest interviews on the 013 hip hop. And yeah Prism played a little hide and seek, ladies and gents I present to you Prism (uncut)
Wise: Prism ma G
Prism: Sho wise
Wise: How ya doing?
Prism: Doing Good...lemme guess....it’s my turn right?
Wise: It's your joint ma nigga and we gonna smoke it together. The question is are you ready?
Prism: Yes n No...ma battery can go off at any time n um at school now...maybe later
Wise: Let's kill it later. Let me know
Prism: Awe
Wise: (A day Later) and you don't come back to me?
Prism: Let’s get over with it now....hade 4 that.
Wise: Ma man. So where do we start with Prism?
Prism: I dont know um supposed 2 answer so u throw da questions my G
Wise: Ha ha Ok give us the inside of Prism. Who is this King and what is he about?
Prism: Prism is Microphone Slave from Bothashoek, started rapping in 2009 with da influence of ''Tryna Fit In'' as a cool guy in those high school days...and a guy who hopes 2 stay real n make nothing but life music

Wise: You kind of kill every verse you spit outta your mouth. What's your secret?
Prism: My secret is NO SECRET!!! Creativity n dedication i wud say...i been rapping for a while so i strive 2 be perfect on my lyrical content by practising n freestyling everyday....even if it means conceiving one punchline 4 a day its better dan just sitting n doing nothing
Wise: I guess your practice is on point because there are lotta niggas practice every hour but there is nothing to deliver at the end of the day. Do you perhaps also write your scripts on an empty stomach?
Prism: I DO WRITE SCRIPTS even when my stomach is full so I kinda don’t get your question...
Wise: Ha ha ha ha don't mind me I'm trying to crack genesis sound secret here. Moving right along, what are your views on BGF Hip hop? What is lacking and what is on the right track?
Prism: My view on Hip Hop in my hometown....??? Well wats right is that every day, out of da blue there’s another rapper emerging in BGF(which obviously means BGF Hip Hop is growing n is being noticed by people out der) and Hip Hop Cares event gat most of our backs wen it comes 2 dishing out da talent we have 2 da youth/there’s gender equity wen it comes 2 artists n fan base(which is wat we need)....BUT wats lacking is Understanding of the Hip Hop culture as a whole in most of our artists n supporters combined!!! For examples...How can u call some1 like Lil chief wack if you doing underground/Hard-core rap...Hip Hop itself has its own division within its culture...there has 2 be Underground Emcees/Der has 2 be hard-core rappers, battle Kats combined...there has 2 be life music n der has 2 be hip hop Bangers...How can people dance in da club if a track from Proverb is on da playlist...so I would say before considering sum1 whack...mark n understand your territory first n your aims as a rapper/musician n understand da aim of other individuals in da Hip Hop scene...people said um too conscious n hard core in my music n confused fans would think that’s how Hip Hop is supposed 2 be so I decided 2 do bangers n fuse Hip Hop with other Genres too...ppl shud blame da music industry b4 considering hit makers wack...so der should be understanding in our Hometown
Wise: Ma man. Educate the hack outta us, so if someone step out of his territory and start poking fingers into eyes. Let's say Prism is on some straight commercial summer and then jump into the hard core winter Turm and poke on some I don't feel ya. What should happen in that case?
Prism: that’s actually kinda rare...um sure we ya’ll learnt that lesson thru drake when he tried 2 Diss Common n got a reply that was Good for his own knowledge...it’s usually underground Kats taking on da commercial Kats, maybe cos da were told 2 be da dopest or better than that commercial dude...I consider such moves publicity stunts 4 underground emcees who are tired of starvation and da under-recognition...even most of these underground Kats...they feature commercial Kats when they  tryna get da money...so if such beef happens....Pathetic fans would promote that beef
Wise: Done. You appeared on the list of BGF kings. As compilers where did we lose it?
Prism: K'zone n Mo Split...n dat nigga J tight...they should’ve been der...But I can’t judge coz I don’t know wat da list was based on...but so far so good it was a fair list
Wise: Thanks for the input ma nigga. Now who is that one nigga in BGF you'd say the act is always on point?
Prism: Pardon me 4 giving you more dan one...but Taydos n Nose!!! Dont wanna always give the thumps up 2 Genesis Team
Wise: Ha ha ha ha ha fair enough, wait till I crack the genesis boys secret, and that one nigga that you do not feel? Well maybe 2 or...?

Prism: The first track I heard from Big Swazi is called Disaster Rhymes...fuck quality or no quality but after that I Don’t think ama download his music...sounds more like a confession speech than a diss song 2 me....n there’s more bra yaka just don’t wanna drop names...um tryna get all support I can get so don’t wanna create haters
Oooh i 4gat Cru Mayor
Wise: Ha ha ha ha you don't wanna create haters? Come on, you gonna have haters anyway if you don't have none already. But hey I respect your point of view. Now what do you think of the femcee that is going to take place at the HHCiv?
Prism: Never met any of them...Only heard a few bars from Pearly Hooks but as for Devoted Kay never heard any from her...so its something 2 look forward to at HHC...N I think BGF Hip Hop needs more Bi***es
Wise: And what can be expected from Prism at the HHC?
Prism: So far I cud say a dope performance with Turm n Monster Saint...Performing alongside Kush Joint with our latest Banger Called BIG BOOTY...I hoped n still hope 2 be a Live Sound Engineer @ HHC throughout all the shows FOR FREE but I don’t know wat kinda Live sound they aiming at n wat kinda mixing console they use...coz sometimes da mics makes da vocals sound distorted...and I noticed that there’s a lot of feedback(which is strictly not allowed in Live Shows)...Hopefully sum other time in da future The PA system n da FOH at HHC can be improved
Wise: I'm sure Dizz will look at your statement and come to it. Choose one K dot or Slim shady?
@ Work
Prism: Slim Shady of the past
Wise: Reason or Proverb?
Prism: Proverb
Wise: Ma man. Before I Let you go, is there anything you want to spit out?
Prism: Bgf rappers let’s keep working harder than this...BGF Hip Hop should start invading Houses n Cars in bgf n not only end on Facebook/twitter or WhatsApp...We obviously don’t think  the same but one thing I know every rapper wants recognition n Publicity...so spread your music like a virus
Wise: That's what's up. You said it ma homie, Thanks for your time and damn your knowledge of Hip hop.........
Prism: My pleasure Wise...lol um still waiting for you to crack the Genesis Sounds secret phela...
Madibas in hand
Wise: Ha ha ha ha ha that one I'm gonna have to bring you a bag of green then we'll talk.
Prism: Lol It will take a lot of the BAGS OF WEED 2 tell u da secret...but next year Genesis is going back 2 da slavery times...working harder than ever worked before....as for these year be on a look out 4 a few tracks with em Genesis Affiliates...if worked hard enough den maybe a Genesis Album....n don’t tell anyone...that’s all I know wink emoticon
Wise: Ha ha ha you just told the wrong nigga. I can't be trusted with secrets.
Prism: Lol anyways thanks for having me on the 013 Hip Hop Blog...appreciate the platform
Wise: Ma man


No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...