Thursday, June 25, 2015

In Touch With Wise. (Yeah Thee Wise)


This is one unusual interview, the interviewer happened to sit on the other side of the desk, this is all the works of the TURM  the …….., yeah I was just sitting minding my business when I received the message and yeah, in touch with Wise
Turm: Bra Wise le wena you should be put on the hot seat and get interrogated, we also need to hear your perspective towards the 013 Hip Hop entlek  
Wise: Lol really?
Turm: Come on, I'm sure everyone would love to journey into the detective's mind and see what's there. Let me interview you.
Wise: Like now?
Turm: Right here, I'm not gonna ask Science Rocket questions don't worry
Wise: Ha ha ha ha. Remember I have power to publish and not to. Don't worry my hit me with any question and I'll answer.
Turm: Lol your power of twisting everything to your advantage is denied by my screen grabbing application cos I also have my copy here. Anyway let's get on it, who is Wise? I'm not a fan of this question so forget I asked. See I believe everyone out there is wondering where this blog actually came from, who created and what the inspiration was. Please feed us
Wise: Wise is Johannes Thulani Hlatswayo, born and raised in Bothashoek. I grew up loving music and hip hop has always been my first love! I always had a dream to see great talent coming outta BGF; not just talent but a movement that will stand like a great empire. So this blog is a piece of my contribution to build this empire. More is still to come.
Turm: "More is still to come", best phrase of all time. You know I've always had these ideas of creating our own local magazine and things like that and didn't know where to begin, so when I knew of the Zeal Radio Station and the 013 Hip Hop blogs,
I was happy to see something finally happening. I just wanna thank u on behalf of the entire town. Ayt enough with the chick flick, moving along. Your number 1 BGF song of all time, and your best at the moment
Wise:  At the moment sixty four bars and Fobagona is the best on my playlist and Yeah man I fell in love with BGF movement, there are niggas who throw real words there and I was like Damn this concept was doped and Nose's that's my words also blew the hack outta me. I always have 2 favourite tracks. Sorry I can't give one.
Turm: Lol it’s okay, at least we know which pedals you step on. From your list of songs I can tell you have a fair knowledge about our local rappers, now tell me, what's your dream collab? If u had to put 4 emcees on one beat, who would they be and by who's beat?
Wise: Ha ha ha ha I have two beat makers in mind and the not from BGF it's Oohzy going by the name Calvin Tshemesi of township music and them fulskillakilla (Mohale Motsei) of yard of spitters. If I can have those niggas on the beats; then have Taydos, Turm, Prism and Nose. I foresee a super classic. And on the 2nd beat have lil chief, Dizz, Slabsta and fess, Yeah 2 joints.

Turm: Lol smart selection, this should actually be brought to reality Man let's talk about Hip Hop and our town. A lot of rappers are complaining about the lack of support by our people, do u think the work that is being put out is enough to get half of the town to give them attention or they're actually demanding for something they haven't earned yet? Like are our people being ignorant or it’s us rappers who are expecting too much at an early stage?
Wise: I believe there is still a lot to be done. BGF emcees need to develop this thing into a business that is still building itself at its own expense. Look the music needs a full pressure spread, let there be a month or 3 where cats don't really care about downloads but record lotta joints, put them on cd's and USB and give them away to taxi drivers, couple of shopping outlets that plays music, even if not all of them will play but it will make an impact. Again we need lot of free hip hop sessions that are well and fully marketed. Not only on social media but also through word of mouth and pole print advertising. BGF Kats need to work harder than before to put not just few joints but tons of joints that will spread like cancer to our communities. It is called aggressive marketing.
Turm: Exactly! Thank you....this is what I've also been thinking, we not working hard enough for the support we desperate for. We will do just that my King. Now Hip Hop Cares, we having a famous guest called Molly Mr Superman omnyama, we've seen him a couple of times on TV and he's from Witbank I think. Do you think it is "Wise" (No Pun Intended) to have such guests or does the HHC management have to keep it strictly BGF?  
Wise: Having guests is not a bad idea. We need quests more often. The only problem is if we can give guests more attention than we do to our locals.
That is why I said for us to grow and have our music out there we need to be smart and playing a losing game knowing that we aim to win at the end, we need to have smart promoters who does not fear to lose a little bit for the sake of lekke local artists growth.
Turm: I hear you, that's rigid hopefully things will get better and better as time goes cos there is growth after all and that's the good news. My last Question, u always put niggers in a very awkward position so now it’s your turn: Which rappers do u think should just drop the mic and call it quits? And name your number 1 BGF rapper
Wise: Ha ha ha ha ma man. Look I don't have Kats that I can say they need to hang the Mic, I have Kats that I can say they need to up their game and walk the walk, man this question is one question lotta people are against, I received lotta inbox messages with people saying is not an appropriate question. Last week I received a massage stating that I have a vendetta against some Kats and I ask such questions to feed my personal vendetta and cause tension against them niggas. The person specifically said I have a problem with Termbar, man I never knew Termbar until I interviewed Slabsta, day before yesterday was the first time I heard Termbar spits.
Guest @ Polokwane film festival
This question is Hip hop man; this is not me, and I write, question, supply and investigate for Hip hop. The question is not to cause tension against cats but to reveal real Hip hop. I write what I know Hip hop wanna hear and it will be penned down. Few days ago lot of people also sent me a message saying I'm setting Skillz against Cru and I'm against Cru in all this, did I? Hell no these niggas are in the midst of Hip hop; the013Hiphop was only few days old and found the beef on the stand. I followed covered the beef. It was Cru who spoke his mind against Skillz lines and I was like this is Hip hop, Skillz took a challenge and manned up one it. I wasn't there but Hip hop was. When I wrote an article about Cru dodging the shots, I wasn't going against Cru but against how he treats Hip hop, I have no bad blood against
Cru, he is a good nigga and never will I do anything to sabotage his work. But the way he handled the Skillz thing was cowardice since he came first. So people need to understand that I'm sitting in an area where I have to write not only for the people but also for Hip hop and also my knowledge of the game.
Turm: Lol Preach, preach the Word Wise! Cru has no one to blame, its rappers who disrespect him not you, and u can't be expected to ask irrelevant question like "As a rapper, what's your favourite colour".
You doing your job just fine, its only unfortunate that Cru is the laughing stock and it led to these blocks. Wise I'm never gona run out of questions so let's cut it here; I'll ask you more when we meet. So long brother
Wise: Ma man. You got cojones you know that? I wasn't expecting something like this. And they are 5 Kats that are my best. I'll say one the day I have them all in one joint and Let them kill one another.
Turm: Lol it’s not cojones, I'm just making use of my Freedom of Speech right. I can't let shit deprive me from saying what's on my chest, otherwise I won't be doing "Hip Hop" cos I'll be fake.
Bring that joint of your Big Five to life, BGF awaits!

Wise: Hlatswayo Ma man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...