Friday, June 19, 2015

In Touch With Monster Saint

This is one of the interviews I always played hide and seek with. I always wanted to hook up an interview with the man behind Monster mode. Today I finally tracked him down and this is how it all went down. we greeted and we...........

Wise: Ayt cool let's get this plane of the ground. Who is monster saint?
Monster Saint: Ayt, Monster Saint is a young talented rapper from Burgersfort, residing' at a village called Thokwane, work very hard at what he do(music) and gives 1000 % no matter what.in short, Monster Saint is a beast on the mic.
Wise: Why the name Monster saint?
Monster Saint: I was only "Saint" when I started out, one day when I’m spittin a 16 my homie said I’m a "Monster", I liked it, but I decided not to let go of the "Saint" Because it represent my real life, for example "Money Trees”. So I figured an oxymoron name would be cool, that’s how Monster Saint came about
Wise: Tight. And who did you grow up listening to, your inspiration?
Monster Saint: I grew up listening' to Eminem, Lil Wayne, and a bit of Jay z
Wise: Who is dope, Eminem or lil Wayne?
Monster Saint Eminem without a doubt!
 
Wise: and who is your dope emcee in BGF? Ok Let me say give me your top 5.
Monster Saint: My Top 5 be NOSE, TAYDOS, PRISM, TU­ RM and FESS! You can never go wrong with thee niggas!
Wise: Ok, and who is in you whack list?
Monster Saint: Lough out loud, Whack list neh? Ayt, Tembar, Yoggy, Big Swazi, Toy and the rest of DTA, ehm niggas should just quit Hip Hop klaar!
Wise: Quit? Ha ha ha ha why not up their game?
Monster Saint: Lough out loud, they been in this game for long but they still on the same level musically, so it’s useless.
Wise: Fair enough. Now you have couple of joints under you. Which one do you consider your best offering?
Monster Saint: It will have to be "Monster Mode”. I don’t go a day without listening to it
Wise: Tight. Ma man you appeared on the BGF kings.
Who do you think was left out, and who would you remove from the list?  
Monster Saint: I wouldn’t remove anybody, but I believe "Keallur" should be on the list.
Wise: Ma man, we’ll follow his work, which emcee would you like to do a joint album with if given that opportunity? You know like Nas and Damian Marley's Distant Relatives and Jay-z and R Kelly's best of both worlds?
Monster Saint: Any artist or BGF kats?
Wise: Both worlds pick one from both.
Monster Saint: Ayt, Internationally it gonna have to be Jay Rock and from BGF Kats,I will go with Turm all the way.
Wise: Now the HHCIV. What is it that you looking forward to on the event?
Monster Saint: Yo! A lot man, Slabsta performing his new track, There is a femcee battle, And the Celebrity guest too, and the performing' line up is nuts too! But mostly I look forward to killing' the stage with Prism and Turm as Genesis!

Wise: Ma man. Anything else you wanna share?

Monster Saint: Yeah I have a killer single coming' out later next month, that’s all I can reveal right now, and shout out To Genesis, STN and every BGF artist pushing' out there.
Wise: We celebrate you ma nigga. Keep up the good work. 2 hours ago Monster Saint Thanx for the platform, big up to The 013 HIPHOP, thank u for having' me. 2 hours ago ·  
Wise: Ma man


No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...