Saturday, July 4, 2015

In touch with Abstract Narcotic


Got in touch with my homeboy Abstract Narcotic and it got all interesting.
Wise: ABN
ABN: Oh shxt. Wassup my nig. Major props on what you been pushing man
Wise: Ma man, it is you ninjas who make all this possible with your hard working ethics. I'm just another stepping block to the top. Anyway you good?
ABN: I’m proper always; I’m guessing it's my turn
Wise: Your turn ma nigga. I hope you ready for this one.
ABN: Im outchea bro
Wise: you free now?
ABN: Yeah
Wise: Ha ha ha it won't.. Let's kick it with you telling us about yourself.
ABN: Uhm okay. AbN (Abstract Narcotic in full) is a rapper born and raised in Johannesburg by a single mother. Currently back in my hometown #BGF where my father was born and raised. Just grinding with books and studio I guess. I went to Houghton Primary School where I use to dance with a few cats from Eclipse and Reps. Fall in love with music just before high school and then starting rapping. My first studio session was with Reezy back in Yeoville. Was working on a mixtape with a collective called Marvel Inc but niggahs they went their separate ways. Been working with the A.C.T.U.ALL league ever since.
Wise: How is your Pops small town treating you so far?
ABN: It's been proper, been getting a lotta love and respect from peeps outchea.
Wise: Which artist did you grow up listening and say this is the ish?
Well I grew up listening to Hova (Jay-Z). That niggah is nice with the flow and wordplay. You can't forget his outstanding hustle and being able to remain relative after 10 years. That's some consistency.
Wise: Very consistent, Now tell us. What is Hip hop, what makes Hip hop?
ABN: Hip Hop is a cultural movement. In the past it was use to break down racial barriers and has evolved ever since. Much of the culture has revolved around the idea of updating classic recordings, attitudes, and experiences for modern audiences called "flipping". Now Hip hop is considered to be the centre of a mega music and fashion industry around the world that crosses social barriers and cuts across racial lines. I guess it's bigger than religion. Well hip hop is also a lifestyle so fashion, heavy 16 bars, boombap to Instrumentals, attitude and life make up hip hop. It's like a way of life | I can go on for days. . .
Wise: (sure can go for days) is BGF on the right track in terms the level of your understanding?
ABN: A lotta people have mixed perceptions on what rappers are supposed to be putting out or sounding like. But as for BGF Hip hop, it's growing man. Niggahs are putting in work and doing they best to reach the top. It's just growth from here onwards. As a hip hop scholar I feel some cats’ outchea have lost the plot. They not sticking to the culture. But yeah we on the right track. There’s a level to this
Wise: How many singles do you have under your wing and who do you mostly work with?
ABN: I've actually put out several singles. From #BackDrop to #ZiyawaEjozi my latest single. I try to be versatile by having music ranging from turn up shxt to conscious shxt. Im dropping #GodKnows just before HHC which is one of my favorite jams on my first mixtape #Anaesthetix. Still busy in the lab tryna finish it up. Uhm I've been mostly working with The A league as a whole. Still looking forward to working with alotta other cats.
Wise: Ma man. We are looking forward to hear from you. Now who is in the list of your most illest rappers in BGF?

ABN: At the moment I have to give it to Uno Fam which is a collective that consists of The A league ( Taydos The Rocking Emcee, The Vale Blubox, NOSE, Skillz, Pearly Hooks and myself) , Gensis (Turm, Prism and Monster Saint) and Spulta. Fess is also nice on the mic too, *Genesis
Wise: And who are the kats you think they should up their game or just leave the Mic alone?
ABN: Kid Blezz needs to up his game and Cru Major needs to leave the MiC alone. I personally don't know him but after this whole thing with Skillz. I've got no respect for the hommie. In fact his music should be boycotted😩
Wise: Talking about feud between Cru and Skillz! What do you think of beef, do you think it's bad for Hip hop?
ABN: Nah not at all; it is very necessary. Let the fakes get exposed and the real live forever.
Wise: Ma man. Who is in your play list and whose performance are you looking forward to @ the HHC Beside the bothashoek kats?
ABN: I got some Ab Soul, Lupe Fiasco, Taydos, Nose, Joey Badass and Kendrick. Uhm damn I wanna hear everyone at HHC keen on hearing raw talent hopefully I won't get disappointed but definitely the Pearly Hooks and Devoted K battle. #SkillzvsCruMajor is mandatory
Wise: Anything you want the people to know about ABN?
ABN: Yeah you know I’m working on #Anaesthetix Mixtape which drops later this year. The mixtape is basically based on who AbN is, where he is from and what he's been through in the last 5 years. I've been working on it for the past 2 years. It's very detailed with different sounds from a mellow to a heart bumping feel. It explores the mind of a very conscious teenage that's still tryna find himself. An anaesthetic is a substance that induces insensitivity to pain. Therefore music is my anaesthetic. Uhm yeah that's pretty much some next level shxt thing. Catch me on twitter: @DaT_EmO_KiDD , my Facebook page: Abstract Narcotic for my latest releases and updates and I’m also on reverb nation: www.reverbnation.com/abstractnarcotic . Catch me at Hip Hop Cares bringing some fire with me
Wise: Man Thank you for your time and keep banging them rhymes.

ABN: Appreciated man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...