Friday, July 10, 2015

In Touch With J-tight



For months now I wanted an interview with ninja and final it happened and this is how our little chit chat went down.
Wise: Ma man what's poppin? I need an interview with you
J-tight: All is good ma nigga, let's get to it
Wise: Can we hook it tomorrow? Just tell me what time you gonna be free. Any time is tea time for me.
J-tight: Now is cool, unless you wanna do it in front of a camera.
Wise: Ma man. Let's kick it. Introduce J- tight to the 013.
J-tight: Jay and biggie those are the names people know by. I represent TIC Errday! I RUN BGF! Upcoming business nigga. Musician...I'm an easy dude, hate being disrespected! That's enough I guess.
Wise: Hate being disrespected hey? We'll come to that later. The name biggie! Did it come maybe because people compare your skills to Notorious B.I.G?
J-tight: Yes, well only people in Pretoria saw that in my skills, the name is 1 year and 6 months old. .
Wise: So somehow we can say biggie smallz played a big role in shaping J-tights’ dream to be in the game?
J-tight: Well I change over time, my style is trendy. I like challenging myself to trying something new adding that my own style to the music.

Wise: Tight stuff. Let us talk the business man. I see Run
BGF, tell us about it. And what else do you do?
J-tight: I learn a lot from my dad and my big bro (LyrixXx). RUNBGF is doing well but it could be doing better if I was getting the support I need from my bgf niggas....
These niggas want me to personally approach
them and give them free tee's or tell them to buy, nigga do you wait for sport scene do knock on your door so u can buy something? F**k no!
Wise: We'll come around ma man; just keep hustling
Damn right we gotta support. Now who is in your play list?
J-tight: Now I'm bumping fabulous and Tumi (motif) ....niggas got heat! And Ricky Rick the South African Kanye West!
Wise: You said you don't like being disrespected! Now tell me is beef good or bad for Hip hop?
J-tight: It's bad! It's entertaining for fans yes, but for artists it’s bad. Beef disturbs the progress and growth of an artist they focus on being better than the other nigga and not on growing as an artist. Bgf rappers and beef #sigh
Wise: Ha ha ha ha ha I love the #sigh part. So if disrespected as an emcee, do you ignore or retaliate?
J-tight: Lil chief pointed a water gun in my face on the
BGF movement track (dope track) the hype had me hit the studio and record something. I never finished the track because I don't support beef. Sputla leaked the unfinished track... but I did what
I had to do and gained respect from the kid
Wise: Ma man. And who is the tight emcee that is doing it for you outta BGF?
J-tight: Has to be k'zone! 
RUN BGF
Wise: Are we gonna witness J-tight and Lil chief on the same joint anytime soon?
J-tight: Never thought of that. But If it happens it’s gonna be heat on heat on heat!
Wise: I personally would love to see that materialize. Do you think as BGF emcees, you guys are doing enough to put your creativity out there? If something is still lacking what is it and how can it be tackled?
J-tight: One thing that I realised about bgf rappers is that when they hear hip hop, they think punchlines.
The music is bigger than that. Having dope punchlines on a track don't give you a dope song. Punchlines don't impress me. We just have to realise that hip hop is not all about punchlines there's more to it.
Wise: Ha ha ha ha I hear you. Are you heading to HHC if
So what can be expected from you?
J-tight: I'll be showing my face, supporting the boys and girls and RUNNING BGF that's all. 20 minutes ago ·
Wise: Ma man. Anything we need to know about J-tight?
J-tight: My team and I are working on a Ep, TIC - The
Message Ep
Wise: That's it? Come on we deserve lil bit inner details.
Maybe drop date and who on it?
J-tight: Beats by lyrixXx and k'zone. Vocals by

shubi...drop date coming soon. You should come around so we can drop a voice interview.
Wise: Will do, J Thanks for your time man. We celebrate your life and much respect.
J-tight: Thanks for the S/O all the best to the growth of the 013! #RUN013

Wise: ma man 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Man On The Throne.

N ose has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is the king of BGF hip hop. with his 2016 single from November Man mixtape #200, Nos...